Interview with Alexis Fleming



If you weren't writing what would you be doing?

Lol Running a bookstore, then I’d never run out of books to read.

Do you like Book Bloggers? Why or Why Not?


Word of mouth is the best recommendation any writer could have for her stories. I think book bloggers fill an important role in the market and they’re often the first to get the word out there about any new release. I’m always grateful for the reviews that book bloggers put up about my stories and I’ve found many a new author based on recommendations from book bloggers.

Do you have a Street Team? If you do are they doing what you want it to do?

I’ve been out of writing for a while, only just getting my feet back under the desk again in the past year. I’ve been hearing about street teams since I’ve been back and realised I do have a street, without realising I had one. I have a brilliant readers’ yahoo group with a hard core of intrepid followers who, even when I wasn’t able to write, have been out there and online talking up my books, sending out bookmarks etc and generally keeping my name active. If that’s a street team, then, yes, I have one and I’m happy to reward them with free swag and numerous other treats.

Who is your Favorite Author?

I read across so many different genres and cross genres it’s hard to choose any one author as a favourite.

If you were to title a book about yourself what would you call it?

Quirky Brain and Crazy Ideas.

What is the hardest thing about writing for you?

Every book can present problems but if I have the plot straight in my head, I don’t usually have a problem. The most difficult thing for me is typing “The End.” I get so caught up in my characters there’s almost a sense of grief when I have to leave them behind and start a new story.

Have you ever had writers block? If so how did you get through it?

I’d never really had writer’s block before, but after my husband died, I couldn’t write at all. The stories just weren’t there for me, which is why I had such a long break away from it all. It was a good couple of years before I could read romance, let along write it.

Do you read much if at all? If you do what do you read?

I usually have more than one book going at the same time. I read anything from romance in all its sub genres, young adult, thrillers, suspense, intrigue, women’s fiction… Have I missed anything? Lol

Do you read your books review?

I always read my reviews. I feel if someone has taken the time to read my book and then review it, then I can take the time to read them. If it’s a review I don’t like, and thankfully there haven’t been too many of them, then I’ll go over the review and see if there’s something in it that I need to take note of. As writers we get very close to our stories and often don’t see something that a reader picks up on. And when it comes right down to it, reading is subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Do you have a favorite place to write?

On fine days I’ll take my laptop outside and park myself down beside the pool and write. If it happens to be raining, you’ll find me set up on the patio.

How does it feel to have your work published?

It doesn’t matter how many books I have out, each new one published generates an amazing buzz. It’s exciting to see your book out there, but it’s also very humbling. I’m grateful I’ve been given this opportunity.

Do you still like writing as much as you did when you started?

I do. I figure when I stop enjoying it, when it stops being fun, then it’s time to hang up my laptop.

Do you use a Pen name or Real name?

Alexis Fleming does happen to be a real name. It just happens to be my maiden name.

If you have been to a signing, What is the craziest thing that has happened?

Lol I once had a man turn up for a signing who wanted me to speak to his wife and convince her to read one of my books because he thought she’d be turned on after reading the love scenes and he’d benefit.

Do you listen to music when you write?

No, but I still have plenty of background noise to keep me company when I write outdoors. With an abundance of flowering bushes and trees in my garden, I get stacks of birds coming to feed and keep me company.


I could ask so many more questions but dont what to come across as nosey I have 10 quick ones


10 Quick Questions


What is your preferred Reading – Paperback / Ebook

Depends on the story and what format I can buy it in.

What your favourite Season – Fall / Winter / Summer / Spring

I love high summer.

Favourite Movie Genre –

Shh, don’t tell anyone but I prefer thrillers.

Favorite Ice Cream -

I don’t tend to eat ice cream so don’t have a favourite.

Favorite Actor -

Hugh, baby! Lol Hugh Grant.

Dream Holiday -

Sitting on the sand under a palm tree on a tropical island.



Gifts – Chocolate / Flowers / Jewellery


Chocolate

Meal – Fast Food / Home-cooked

Love home-cooked.

Pets – Dog / Cat / Bird / Fish / Etc...

I have a goldfish called Mr. Finn.

Favorite comfort food –

Lol Chocolate


Author Links




Book Links



No comments