Interview with Erika Ashby


I am lucky to be able to do a interview with this amazing author i just finished reading one of her books i fell in love it and it is on my must read list for 2014. i would like to thank Erika Ashby for taking the time out to do this with me.


What is the hardest thing about writing?

Sitting down and doing it. It will not get done until you just sit down, open your doc and start typing.

Have you ever had writers block - if so what got you through it?

I write out of order. If I try to write from A-Z, I get held up.

Do you read much or at all?

I barely read nowadays.

If you do read who/what are your favorite authors/Genre? 

Contemp Romance/NA/Erotica. Abbi Glines, Colleen Hoover, M. Leighton, & Jamie McGuire are my top authors. I’ll read anything and everything of theirs.

Do you read your books review?

Yes, I do. 
If you were asked for advice from an aspiring writer what would you tell them?

Not to give up. It can be overwhelming, but just keep trucking. And no matter what know that you are not going to please everyone. Not everyone will like your book…and that’s okay.

Which Authors inspire you?

The ones who haven’t given up. They’ve been at this far longer than me, and didn’t instantly get noticed, yet that didn’t stop them. They are who inspire me to keep at it.

Tell us a bit about yourself?

I’m a boring 30 year old Okie married w/ a combined total of 5 kids.

How does it feel to have your work published?

It’s an amazing sense of accomplishment.

Do you still like writing as much as you did when you first started?

oh yes, I think I love it even more now.

Where is your favorite place to write if you have one?

I write at my desk mostly. I have to be sitting up.

If you werent writing what else do you be doing?

Reading lol. I’d still be a stay at home mom. Daycare is too pricey for me to work no matter what.

What is your comfort food?

Sweets. It’s horrible. But I’m like a kid and love candy. It shows.

Do you use a Pen name or real name? 

This is my real name.

Do you listen to music when you write? 

Yes. Sometimes I catch myself jamming out. So, I’m not sure how productive it is.

The funniest thing happened at a signing?

I’ve only been to two so far. But obviously since Vegas was my first one, it will probably always be my favorite. It was just so fun and amazing being around all these authors I’ve looked up to and just getting to hang out with them. The hot models that were brought, was also fun to look at :0) The funniest thing that I can think of just because it was so awkward was seeing Ron Jeremy in the Hard Rock. Talk about doing a double take.

The Scariest thing happened at a signing? 

Nothing scary has happened yet. *Knock on wood*


10 Quick Questions


Chocolate - White / Dark / Milk: Milk


Pets - Dog / Cat / Bird / Fish: Fish


Hair - Long / Short: On a guy, short-ish.


Getaway - Mountains / Beach: Beach


Holidays - Easter / Xmas / Halloween: Halloween


Movies - Horror / Comedy / Romance: All of the above—but love scary.


Wine - Red / White: White


Season - Summer / Winter: Summer


Meal - Fast Food / Homecooked: Homecooked


Favorite Ice Cream – Chocolate Chip

No comments